Benefits for BJJ:
This spicy Thai chicken stir-fry is not just a dish; it’s a tactical maneuver for your BJJ toolkit. The high protein content from the chicken helps in muscle repair, vital for recovery after a session on the mats. The capsaicin from the chili peppers is like your secret escape technique, known for its anti-inflammatory properties to help you recover faster.
The quick energy from the veggies mirrors the burst of speed needed for a takedown. Plus, the complex flavors of this dish are like your ground game: complex, intricate, and satisfying when well-executed.
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, red curry paste, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken slices and stir-fry until they start to brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and chilis to the chicken, and fry for another minute until fragrant.
- Toss in the bell peppers and onion, stir-frying for another 2-3 minutes. The veggies should be tender-crisp.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables, mixing well to coat everything. Cook for another 2 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Thai basil leaves and lime juice.
- Serve immediately with a side of steamed jasmine rice or noodles.
This meal is like a rapid sequence of bjj guard pulls—quick, effective, and leaves a lasting impression. It’s not just a dish; it’s a power-up, giving you the zest to face your sparring partners with renewed vigor.
Follow us on TikTok for video content!